Sheridan County Soccer Association Players’ Code of Conduct
Sportsmanship is ethical, appropriate, polite, and fair behavior while participating in a game or athletic event. When a soccer player plays by the rules, is fair to his or her opponent, and is gracious when he or she either wins or loses, that is sportsmanship.
As a Player, I will conduct myself at all times in a way that demonstrates my commitment to the sport of soccer, the Sheridan County Soccer Association, a/k/a Storm Soccer, hereinafter SCSA, and its Board of Directors, and each team, player, parent, coach, and referee as follows:
- I will play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.
- I will remember that soccer is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
- I will always demonstrate good sportsmanship and will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials, parents, and other spectators at all times.
- I will concentrate on playing soccer by always giving my best effort, in practice, games, and at tournaments.
- I will conduct myself with honor and dignity and I will treat all players, coaches, referees, and spectators with respect at all times and I will treat others as I would like to be treated.
- I will do the best I can each day, remembering that all players, including myself, have talents and weaknesses and I will respect my opponents, whether they have more or less ability than me and regardless of whether I win or lose.
- I will be humble and respectful when I win, and gracious when I lose.
- I will show respect for the authority of the referee, even though I may sometimes disagree with his or her calls.
- I will control my temper, resist the temptation to retaliate, and exercise self-control.
- I will follow coaching direction and will not be disruptive, disrespectful, or use bad language during any practice, game, or tournament.
- If I have a problem, I will discuss it with my coach at the earliest opportunity.
- I will remember that winning is not everything and that having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends, and giving my best effort are the most important aspects of youth soccer.
- I will play by the rules at all times, and, if I don’t understand the rules, I will learn the rules so I can become a better player.
- I will make every effort to attend all practices, games, and tournaments. I will be on time and will notify my coach if I cannot attend any practice, game, or tournament.
- I understand that, as player, I represent my team, coaches, spectators, the SCSA, and the entire Sheridan community, and I will do so in a positive manner.
By checking the box in the bottom right-hand corner of the page, I am acknowledging that I have read and understand the above Players’ Code of Conduct and agree to follow its guidelines and all other applicable rules of the SCSA at all club activities. I understand that if I do not follow this Code of Conduct or other rules, I may be directed by the Director of Coaching or the SCSA Board of Directors to leave the club activity, including but not limited to any game or practice, or I may be dismissed from the program.