All applications and documents must be submitted or received by March 1, 2024 and can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A fully completed application must be returned along with the following required documents:
- A letter of recommendation by a coach, teacher or mentor who knows you through your soccer involvement
- Copy of unofficial transcript and any college transcripts if credits were obtained while in high school
- A current photo of yourself for media recognition AND a photo of you in any Storm gear
This scholarship was created to support graduating seniors who wish to pursue furthering their education in any field of study. This scholarship is funded by past and current Storm coaches and board members. One male and one female will each receive a $500 scholarship.
All applicants must meet eligibility requirements. No applicant will be disqualified based on race, gender, religion, or disability.
- Graduating senior must be from SCSD 1, 2 or 3 in Sheridan County excluding GED recipients in place of diploma.
- Open to any senior who played Storm Soccer and preference given to those who played into U14 and above.
- GPA 3.0 or higher
Sheridan Storm Board of Directors will select recipients based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Past and/or current activity with Storm Soccer as a player, volunteer or assistant coach
- Scholastic effort including GPA and extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
The Storm Board of Directors will review all completed applications received and recipients will be notified no later than April 30, 2024. Additionally, recipients will be formally awarded and recognized at any events sponsored by their high school, and publicly through Sheridan Storm’s social media platforms, website and other communications.
Recipients who do not attend their disclosed college/university immediately after graduating from high school will forfeit the scholarship and the scholarship will be returned to Sheridan Storm within 6 months of graduation.